Effective Date January 01, 2017
These Terms and Conditions (as they may be amended from time to time, these "Terms") apply to all members of the BrandZend Rewards Program (the "Program") offered by us together with our affiliated companies, "Company". Upon your completion of the enrollment process you: (i) become a BrandZend Rewards Member ("you" or "Member"), (ii) are issued a Member Number ("Member Number"), and (iii) agree that you have read and agree to these Terms. These Terms are subject to periodic changes that Company may make in its sole discretion. Company is entitled to modify the participation requirements (the "Participation Requirements") for Members at any time. Unless otherwise specified herein, all changes to these Terms and the Participation Requirements apply to all Members, including Members enrolled before the date the changes take effect.
YOU AGREE WITH COMPANY AS FOLLOWS:
1. Program-Eligible Purchases: "Program-Eligible Purchases" means Qualifying Purchases and Qualifying Prescriptions. "Qualifying Purchases" means qualifying purchases of products and services (1) at Company’s Stores, (2) from Company-branded catalogs, (3) at participating Company licensed businesses (products and services selected by these businesses from time to time), (4) from participating Company-branded and Company-sponsored websites, (5) from participating third-parties that are designated by Company from time to time in its sole discretion ("Authorized Vendors"), and (6) from participating third-party vendors that are designated by Authorized Providers in accordance with terms and conditions established by the Authorized Providers and approved by Company in its sole discretion. "Company Stores" means the following stores located in the Canada: TBA. "Authorized Providers" are third-party providers, such as networks, aggregators, sponsors, and consumer credit-card issuers, that Company from time to time in its sole discretion authorizes to participate in the Program.
2. Earning Points: When you present your Member Number at the point of sale in accordance with these Terms you earn base points on your Program-Eligible Purchase amount ("Base Points") at the rate or rates established by Company from time to time in its sole discretion. As of January 01, 2013 Members earn Base Points at the rate of one Base Point for every $0.10 of Qualifying Purchase amount, which rate may change without notice. If as of January 01, 2017 your Qualifying Purchase amount is not a multiple of $0.10 you earn one additional Base Point if your Qualifying Purchase amount ends in $0.05 or more. For example, a Qualifying Purchase amount of $10.75 will earn 108 Base Points, while a Qualifying Purchase amount of $10.74 will earn 107 Base Points. Members residing in the Canada and the United States may also earn additional Base Points on non-purchase activities pursuant to the terms and conditions governing those activities as adopted by Company from time to time (which terms and conditions are incorporated into, and become a part of, these Terms).
Bonus Members may earn bonus points, in addition to Base Points, on specified Qualifying Purchases pursuant to the terms and conditions of promotional offers (which terms and conditions are incorporated into, and become a part of, these Terms) published by Company from time to time ("Bonus Points"). "Bonus Members" are Members who maintain a valid email address in their Program profile and who remain opted-in the Program to receiving promotional emails from the Program. Members who opt-out of receiving promotional emails from the Program ("Base Members") do not receive Bonus Points. Base Points and Bonus Points are together referred to in these Terms as "Points."
If a Bonus-Point offer gives Bonus Members the opportunity to earn, in Points, a specified multiple or percentage of a Qualifying Purchase or dollar value (for example, “2x Points,” “2% of value in Points,” or “$2 back in Points”) (a "Multiplier Offer") the specified multiple, percentage, or dollar amount of Bonus Points earned will include the Base Points earned on the purchase. For example, a Bonus Member will earn 1,000 Base Points on a $100 Qualifying Purchase. If a “2x” Multiplier Offer is applicable to the Qualifying Purchase, the total Points the Bonus Member will earn on the Qualifying Purchase will be 2,000.
If Company, in its discretion, permits a Bonus Member to combine two or more Multiplier Offers on a Qualifying Purchase, the total number of Points the Bonus Member will earn on the Qualifying Purchase will be equal to the sum of (i) the total Base Points earned for the Qualifying Purchase (the "Total Base Points") and (ii) the Bonus Points for each Multiplier Offer based on the specified multiple, percentage, or dollar amount for the Multiplier Offer less that portion of the Total Base Points that is attributable to the Multiplier Offer. For example, if a total Qualifying Purchase is $290 ($40 for shoes and $250 for tools) and if Company permits a Bonus Member to combine two Multiplier Offers (one that is 2% in Points for shoes and the other that is 10x in Points for tools) the total Points that the Bonus Member will earn on the Qualifying Purchase will be 25,800 calculated as follows: 2,900 Total Base Points (400 for shoes and 2,500 for tools) + 400 Bonus Points for shoes (800-400) + 22,500 Bonus Points for tools (25,000-2,500) = 25,800 total Points earned.
POINTS ARE NOT EARNED ON (A) NON-QUALIFYING PURCHASES, (B) PROGRAM-ELIGIBLE PURCHASES MADE PRIOR TO YOUR ENROLLMENT DATE. BONUS POINTS ARE NOT EARNED ON PROGRAM-ELIGIBLE PURCHASES MADE PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF ANY BONUS POINT OFFER OR PROMOTION. Points are issued into your Points account within approximately 30 days from the date of the Qualifying Purchases, except that Points for Qualifying Prescriptions may be issued on a quarterly basis and Points for Qualifying Purchases from Authorized Vendors and from participating third-party vendors that are designated by Authorized Providers may be issued up to 90 days from the date of the Qualifying Purchases. You may review your Point balance in your Points account at shopyourway.com/rewards (the "Rewards Site", or such other site as designated by Company from time to time). You do not acquire property rights in any Points in, or earned but not yet issued into, your Points account.
You may also earn Base Points and, if you are a Bonus Member, Bonus Points on purchases from, or using services provided by, eligible third parties (including without limitation Authorized Vendors and Authorized Providers) pursuant to the terms and conditions governing those purchases as adopted, or approved, by Company from time to time (which terms and conditions are incorporated into, and become a part of, these Terms).
Company from time to time in its sole discretion may establish multiple rates for earning Base Points and Bonus Points that differentiate among Members on the basis of, or that depend on, reflect, or are affected by, Member achievement of specified levels of Program-Eligible Purchases, Qualifying Purchases, Qualifying Prescriptions, or similar criteria.
Company from time to time in its sole discretion may sell or otherwise transfer Points for cash or other consideration to Members, Authorized Vendors, and Authorized Providers.
4. Point Redemption and Expiration; Special Promotions. You may redeem Points in Your Points account as determined by Company from time to time in its sole discretion. As of January 01, 2013 Members may redeem Points on all Program-Eligible Purchases. You may redeem your Points at the rate or rates determined by Company from time to time in its discretion (the "Redemption Value"), which rate or rates are incorporated into, and become a part of, these Terms. You may redeem your Points only to pay all or a part of the purchase price for Program-Eligible Purchases. POINTS HAVE NO CASH VALUE AND MAY NOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH, CREDIT, OR OTHER VALUE. NO CREDIT, CASH, OR OTHER VALUE WILL BE GIVEN FOR UNUSED POINTS. ALL POINTS EXPIRE WITHOUT CREDIT, PAYMENT, OR OTHER VALUE TO YOU AT THE END OF THE CALENDAR QUARTER THAT INCLUDES THE 12 MONTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE DATE THOSE POINTS WERE EARNED. Calendar-quarter end dates are March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31. For example, Points earned on November 1, 2011 expire on December 31, 2012.
From time to time Company may offer Members the chance to win various prizes, including Points. NO PURCHASE WILL BE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN these prizes. Rules and restrictions apply to these promotions and will be published with the applicable promotion. Further, Company may in its sole discretion, from time to time, also award Point(s) to Members, or to any subset of Members. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Company may, in its sole discretion, attach additional or different terms to any Points awarded by Company, including, without limitation, establishing different (including shorter) expiration dates for any Points provided by Company.
Company from time to time in its sole discretion may establish multiple Redemption Values that differentiate among Members on the basis of, or that depend on, reflect, or are affected by, Member achievement of specified levels of Program-Eligible Purchases, Qualifying Purchases, or similar criteria.
5. Returns: Any Points you earn on a Program Eligible Purchase are deducted from your Points account if you return the merchandise, or cancel the service, comprising that Program Eligible Purchase, even if: (i) you have redeemed those Points prior to the return, and (ii) the deduction from your Points account results in a negative Points balance.
6. Negative Points Balance. If you have a negative Points balance, you will still earn Points on Program-Eligible Purchases, which will be applied to Your Points account until a positive Points balance is restored and thereafter. However, while your Points balance is negative, you will not be able to redeem Points until the positive Points balance is restored. If you return a Program Eligible Purchase while your Points balance is negative, Company reserves the right to deduct an amount equal to the Redemption Value of that negative Points balance from the purchase price to be paid to you with respect to that return. For example, if your Points balance is negative 1,000 Points and you return a $10.00 Program Eligible Purchase, then you will receive $9.00 in cash or store credit, and 1,000 Points (a Redemption Value of $1.00) will be applied to your Points account.
7. Participation: There is no Program membership fee. As of January 01, 2013, the Participation Requirements for each Member, are that such Member: (i) is 13 years of age or older (ii) is a resident of the Canada and the United States (including Puerto Rico), or Mexico (iii) has provided to Company (as part of their Program profile) such Member’s correct: (a) First Name, (b) Last Name, and (c) Zip Code, and (iv) has provided a valid unique email address that such Member has the right to use. Company may request proof of identification and age to verify (A) your eligibility for Program membership, (B) membership participation, and (C) your compliance with these Terms.
If as a result in a change by Company in the Participation Requirements a Member no longer meets the requirements for participation, then, from the date of such change, such Member will no longer be entitled to earn Points (and all purchases from the date of such change by such Member will be Non-Qualifying Purchases), unless and until such Member meets the revised Participation Requirements. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Members who have not provided the information required in Section 7(iii) and Section 7(iv) above (but who were valid Members prior to imposition of such requirements), will be entitled to continue as full Members of the Program (with the same rights and responsibilities as other Members); provided that Company reserves the right to remove this exception at any time.
If you provide Company with your mobile telephone number (x) Company may send to your mobile telephone number SMS (text) and other messages, (y) with respect to those messages you may be charged data and message rates, and (z) if you reply “stop” to a Company message to your mobile number Company may send to you an additional message confirming your “stop” reply.
8. Loss of Membership Number, Restrictions, and Taxes: You are entitled to only one Member Number and one Points account. Company will issue you a new Member Number and transfer your Point balance, even if negative, to your new Member Number but only if you surrender your old Member Number. If you have more than one Points account we may, in our discretion, combine your Points accounts into one Points account. You will immediately notify Company in the event of a lost or stolen Member Number. Unless you have timely notified Company of a lost or stolen Member Number, Company is not responsible for (i) lost or stolen Member Numbers or (ii) any misuse resulting from lost or stolen Member Numbers. Your Member Number and, if you have a Membership card your Membership card, remain the property of Company and must be surrendered upon request. Member Numbers and Points are not transferable and may not be sold, resold, exchanged, or bartered. Company may terminate Points, or any portion of your Points balance, at any time, without prior notice. Program benefits can be terminated by Company at any time regardless of how much you participate in the Program. Company may adjust your Points account status or Points balance, at any time and without notice, due to any (A) computer error, (B) technical issues experienced by Company, (C) machine malfunction, (D) employee, customer, or other error, or (E) fraud or other misuse of Points or the Program. All transactions involving Points are subject to review and verification by Company. All Points are for one-time use, and all transactions involving Points are final unless otherwise determined by Company. Any violation of these Terms may result in the confiscation or cancellation of your Points and the suspension or termination of your Membership. Points you earn or are awarded may be subject to taxation, for which you are solely responsible.
9. Overall Program Terms: The Program is void where prohibited by law of British Columbia Canada. Participation in the Program is subject to these Terms and all other terms and conditions, rules, policies, and procedures that Company may establish or change at any time and from time to time without notice. Company may change the Program at any time and without notice, including but not limited to (i) changing the Program’s earning rates, (ii) changing the Program’s structure, (iii) removing or changing Points including the rate at which Points are earned, (iv) changing the Redemption Value of Points, (v) raising or lowering Point levels, (vi) revising the procedures and rules for earning or redeeming Points, (vii) changing when Points expire, (viii) associating, combining, integrating, linking, or merging the Program with other programs, and (ix) associating, combining, integrating, linking, or merging other programs with the Program. Company may make these changes even if these changes affect your ability to use Points already accumulated. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable about these Terms. The interpretation and application of these Terms is at the sole discretion and determination of Company, which in each case is final and conclusive. Company assumes no responsibility for errors caused by equipment or system malfunctions, acts of God, or incorrect Member information. If you wish to discontinue your participation in the Program you may cancel at any time by contacting: BrandZend Rewards Customer Relations at email@example.com or by calling 604.210.1512 during business hours. Important Notice Concerning Credit Card / Financing Offers: THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE GIVEN COMPANY FOR THE PROGRAM MAY BE USED TO MAKE PREAPPROVED CREDIT OFFERS TO YOU. The laws of the State of Illinois apply to the Program and these Terms without regard to any conflict of law rules that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction.
If to access your Points account you use a user ID and password you are fully responsible for maintaining their confidentiality. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur with respect to your user ID and password whether or not you authorize the activities. You must immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your user ID or password of which you become aware. You acquire no property rights in your password, Member Number, or Points account. You may not give access to your Points account to any third-party on-line service, including but not limited to any points management service, points tracking service, points aggregation service, or other service.
10. Confidential Arbitration: ALL DISPUTES COMPANY OR YOU HAS RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WITH RESPECT TO COMPANY’S DISCLOSURES, EMAIL AND MOBILE SMS (TEXT) MESSAGES COMPANY SENDS TO YOU, OR ANY CONTACT INFORMATION YOU SUPPLY TO COMPANY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM), THESE TERMS, OR THE REWARDS SITE WILL BE SUBMITTED TO CONFIDENTIAL ARBITRATION IN THE FEDERAL JUDICIAL DISTRICT IN WHICH YOU RESIDE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU HAVE, IN ANY WAY, VIOLATED OR THREATENED TO VIOLATE ANY COMPANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT. All arbitrations required by these Terms will be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award is binding and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law no arbitration brought under, or with respect to, the Program, these Terms, any Company disclosure, any email or SMS (text) message that Company sends to you, any contact information you supply to Company in connection with the Program, or the Rewards Site is to be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to these Terms whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
For arbitration claims you assert against Company in accordance with this section (but not for any arbitration claim against you) Company will pay all of your administrative, hearing, and arbitrator’s fees and costs for the arbitration (but not the fees, expenses, and costs of your lawyers, experts, or witnesses) in excess of any filing fee you would have been required to pay to file the claim as a lawsuit in a state or federal court (whichever is greater) in the judicial district in which you reside. Unless unlawful, Company will pay its, and you will pay your, lawyers’, experts’, and witness fees, expenses, and costs with respect to all claims.
To the extent permitted by law, you will not agree to act as a representative or a private attorney general, or in any other representative capacity, or participate as a member of a class of claimants in any lawsuit against Company in any court, or in arbitration, with respect to any claims arising under these Terms, the Program (including without limitation with respect to Company’s disclosures, email and mobile SMS (text) messages Company sends to you, or any contact information you supply to Company in connection with the Program), or your status as a Member. This waiver will survive the termination of the relationship between you and Company.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS COMPANY LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
The employees of Company and its affiliates and individuals eligible for an Associate discount are eligible to participate in the Program..
© 2017 BrandZend International. All rights reserved.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the BrandZend Rewards Program offered by Company to BrandZend Rewards members. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they govern all aspects of the Shop Your Ways Rewards Program. Visit the Rewards Site for the most current Terms and Conditions.